Wednesday 30 December 2009

Trains In The Garden & Summing Up 2009!...

Hi all. This will be the final post of the year 2009 and I can proudly say that it is post Number 103. (Not bad for just one year I don't think!). Anyway, today saw another few hours spent out in the garden. Yes it was cold, yes there was a biting wind and, no, I couldn't feel my fingers! During these wintry conditions, I generally spend alot of time in the shed fiddling with bits & bobs, standing next to the electric heater (don't tell the bill-payers though!). A few trains made the rounds today, in the form of the Class 06 & 08 diesels plus varying wagons. Not much going on but enough to pass away a few hours! Finally, can I just say; thank you all very much for reading the blog this year and, I hope, that you will continue to visit next year when I will be adding many, many more posts for your interest!I will now see out 2009 with a compilation of photographs selected from this years 103 different posts!:- Above, Q6 No63395 pulls into Rothley with a freight on the Great Central Railway in January 2009. In February, Snow on the Garden Railway...
Later that month, "Sir Nigel Gresley" hits Nuneaton...
To April now and Sweet Pea "John H Owen" gets an airing at Ryton!...
Moving on to May and, amongst many other things, we paid a visit to the 15" Gauge Evesham Vale Light Railway...
In early June, a very soggy day was spent at multi-gauge Statfold Barn Railway where I also got a footplate ride...
July now and we had a fabulous day out dining with the famous Harry Potter locomotive, No5972 "Olton Hall", on the main line steam service named the "Shakespeare Express"... Now to August during which we went on the first of our two holidays this year, to Devon, where we sampled some Western steam on the Paignton & Dartmouth Railway... September soon arrived and so did Holiday Number Two. We sampled some full size on the West Somerset Railway and some 2ft Gauge on the Lynton & Barnstaple Railway, where I also got another footplate ride!...
October next and I was invited to drive 7.25" for the day during the GEC's Halloween Night Run...
November now and I went on a trip to Pete Waterman's house to see his huge 'O' Gauge Leamington Spa layout...
Finally, in December, amongst other things, I spent another full day, including alot of firing, on LNER B1 No1306 "Mayflower" at Shackerstone...
Well, as you can see, it's been a long year and, as many of my regular readers will remember, the above selection of highlights is hardly any compared to the massive amount of things that we've done this year! Again, I hope you have enjoyed it all and I look forward to writing more posts for you all in 2010. Like What You See?...Why not leave me a comment? I'm always glad to hear from people who are reading the blog! Why not comment and tell me what you've enjoyed this year or your favourite post? Thank You all So Much. I wish you all a Happy & Healthy New Year for 2010 and hope you will continue to read "Sammy's World"! So, for the very last time in 2009...Evening All!...

No comments: