Monday 22 February 2010

Shackerstone Work Day (Half Term Post 5)...

Hi all! Today, the 5th-railway related day out in a row (phew!), I was back at Shackerstone, my Standard Gauge Concern. Arriving at 10am with thick snow on the ground, I was first to the Loco Works where I found our Shed Cat, "Maurice", pacing hungrily for his food! After feeding the hungry animal, I awaited my collegue Danny, who duly arrived. We cleared alot of snow from outside the shed doors before making our way up to the Tea Room for a quick cuppa'. Our collegues Chris & Dave soon arrived and we had a quick chat with them. Not long after, we decided that, whilst we were waiting for the others, it would be a good idea to start a fire and burn some more rubbish. We headed off down into the frosty yard behind the shed and found the 'Burning Bin' waiting patiently. I found an old rag before covering it in engine oil and lighting it in the bin. As the rag burnt, we piled some small planks of wood on top as well as some plastic bits & bobs. The fire soon took hold and, when Carl, Pockets, Chris and Craig arrived, we'd already burnt alot of material. However, after Lunch, we continued burning stuff, tidying, drinking coffee and clearing out the Mess Room for the rest of the day! The Mess Room did look much better afterwards...all ready for the new season to begin in late-March!

It was a good day and I'll next be at Shackerstone next Saturday, February 27th. Thanks for the lift home Danny! Thanks for Reading folks. Evening All...

No comments: