Sunday 24 April 2011

Far Too HOT...

Hi all. Well, this afternoon was FAR TOO HOT! After spotting "Britannia" on the main line through Banbury this lunchtime, I headed back to CMES at Ryton Pools Country Park. It was a normal working afternoon and various jobs were taking place. I myself aided Eddie, Colin and Reg in putting out many 'Fire Buckets' in preparation for tomorrow and Monday's running. We will be using a steam engine; "Jodie" the 0-4-0 is rostered in fact; as well as the electric Class 37 and therefore, due to the very hot weather, 'Fire Buckets' are very necessary. For haulage, we used both the 37' and the Bo-Bo Petrol Hydraulic; after all, water is heavy! As well as our little job, Emma and Roy were working on the steaming bays whilst Peter, Jim, John etc were busy working on the passenger coaches. Derek, Dave and Pete were also about, doing various tasks. Eric and Gary meanwhile were working on some warped bridge flooring. If I've missed anybody then I'm very sorry! After our jobs, and a few others, we all had a cuppa' before leaving. Thanks all. I may pop up to CMES next Friday for the morning steam up and then of course for my crew turn on May 8th. Evening all...

No comments: