Monday 9 April 2012

Easter Sunday at RPMR...

Happy Easter everyone. Today I was, shall we say, banned from doing a full day anywhere due to an exacting Family Dinner but was allowed out briefly in the afternoon for a 'bit of air'. I popped over to RPMR where I knew trains would be running. Sure enough, the Class 37 & 5"/7.25" steamer "Jodie" were in action on a double-service, running 1pm - 4pm. The trains were kind of busy, though some were better loaded than others. "Jodie" (John Drury's 5"/7.25" convertible 0-4-0) seemed in fine form and easily pulled 3 fully loaded cars + her own driving truck up the 1 in 70 with hardly a chuff. What is however noticeable with this engine is the overhang either side, with her being a 7.25" loco on 5" rails. She is however a very powerful and pretty machine with a good sized boiler...
I did a couple of Guard turns and also enjoyed a ride behind "Jodie" before heading home at around 3:30pm. It was very cold at RPMR and I'm not afraid to admit that it got the better of me in the end ;) . I will next be at RPMR on April 22nd for my duty day, when "Achilles" and "John Owen" are planned to double-head the main train. Cheers guys. Sam...

No comments: