Saturday 13 September 2014

Prepping at Statfold...

Hi all. So, here we were, six months after the first, the last Statfold Barn Railway open day of 2014 was upon us. I have been lucky enough to be part of all three events this year and today we were prepping ready for tomorrow's season finale. This time I would be driving, yes driving, Avonside 0-4-0 Tank "Marchlyn". The jump from fireman to driver has come in the form of fireman to passed fireman, as is practise. The passed fireman is "a fireman who is available to drive when required" and so, with a space to be filled, I will be driving tomorrow. The rank of driver (the final frontier) comes when you have completed a set amount of turns as a passed fireman so, maybe one day that'll come as a formality but no time soon. Today myself and my fireman, Keith, busied ourselves with cleaning and polishing the black Avonside. She was coming up lovely and I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. Lets hope it goes well! All the best, Sam...

No comments: